Yesterday was my first day teaching women's history... it was a blast! I have a sharp group of students and the gentlemen in the class who were not aware they signed up for women's history promised to have an open mind. I asked them these questions as an icebreaker to see what their preconceived notions hold. See what yours are. (Click on comments to see the answers)
True or False:
1. Most American women did not work prior to World War II.
2. Historically, the Deep South is a bi-racial society (black and white).
3. The March on Washington was initially proposed by a woman.
4. Women did not get the right to vote until 1920 in the U. S.
5. All feminists are bra-burning leftists.
6. The women’s rights movement began in the 1970s.
7. Women were not allowed in the military until the Vietnam War.