Thursday, November 08, 2007
I started writing a really self-reflective post about getting older and being young, but instead I decided to cite some random things I have observed/experienced in the past few days. This randomness makes me love my neighborhood and school even more:
* In Third Ward, a man on a pedicab (you know, like a bicycle rickshaw) with a sign on the back that read "Tour de Hood"
* One of my women's studies students expressing her interest in becoming a trial lawyer at 80 for the express purpose of beating up on young, male lawyers in the courtroom
* Walking my fiancee's dog to the video store and letting her run around inside the store without a leash
* A woman brushing her teeth at the bus stop
* Showing the new IT girl the jock strap chandelier in my office
I wish I was creative enough to come up with this stuff on my own! It's a good thing my life holds so much inspiration.